Can You Give Information About the Ghayya Valley in Hell?
-Is it mentioned in an ayah?
Submitted by on Thu, 12/12/2019 - 09:35
Dear Brother / Sister,
Some scholars suggest that the word “ghayy” in Surah Maryam ayah 59, which means “to go astray, to adopt wrong beliefs”, is the name of one of the wells, rivers or valleys of Hell. (see Tabari, the commentary of the ayah in question)
Here is the meaning of the ayah;
“But there came after them successors who neglected prayer and pursued desires; so they are going to meet evil” (Maryam, 19/59)
Scholars have made the following explanations about the word “ghayya” in the ayah;
1. For Arabs, every evil is “ghayy” and every good deed is “rashad”.
2. This means “They will get the punishment of their ghayy (unruliness).”
3. This means “They stray away from the way to Heaven”.
4. “Ghayy” is a well of Hell from which even the other valleys of Hell take refuge in Allah.
The fact that there is a place called “Ghayy” does not exclude the other meanings because the meanings of the first three articles are suitable for the lexical meaning. (Razi, Mafatih, commentary of the ayah in question)
Accordingly, the word “ghayy” may be related to all these meanings and some other meanings.
Allah has stated that this threat is for those who do not repent. It is declared in the following ayahs that there is Paradise for those who repent, believe and do good and that they will not face injustice.
“Except those who repent, believe and do righteousness; for those will enter Paradise and will not be wronged at all. [Therein are] gardens of perpetual residence which the Most Merciful has promised His servants in the unseen. Indeed, His promise has ever been coming.They will not hear therein any ill speech - only [greetings of] peace - and they will have their provision therein, morning and afternoon.That is Paradise, which We give as inheritance to those of Our servants who were fearing of Allah .” (Maryam, 19/60-63)
Questions on Islam
- Will you explain the states of those who pass over the Sirat Bridge before entering Paradise and what they will experience with hadiths and verses?
- Hadiths about Prayer
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?
- Will there be night and day, brightness and darkness in Paradise? Are there the concepts of morning and evening there?
- "And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and evening." (Maryam, 62) Will there be two meals in Paradise?
- Will you give information about Hz. Maryam's birth? They say Maryam has an interesting creation like the miraculous creation of Hz. Isa, her son. Where was Hz. Maryam born? How long did she live?
- Hz. Maryam's father is mentioned as Imran in the Quran. Westerners call him Joachim. Is there a relationship between those two names?
- Can you give some information about not performing salah relying on the idea that sooner or later Allah will forgive me. Will there be a difference between those who perform their salahs and those who do not perform their salahs?
- Can a person who does not perform prayers go to Paradise directly? If he has not performed any prayers, will he perform them in the hereafter?
- Where is the sacred "Tuwa Valley" mentioned in the Quran? Why was Hz. Musa sent the first revelation in this valley?