The Details of the QuestionIF I FAIL TO WAKE UP EARLY FOR SUHOOR,CAN I BREAK MY FAST AND MAKE IT UP AFTER RAMADHAN?
Submitted by on Tue, 23/09/2008 - 06:12
Dear Brother / Sister,No, one can not break fast because of failing to wake up sahoor (meal before dawn during ramadan). But if there is a life threat or something serious the fast can be broken.
Questions on Islam
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Special File for Ramadan
- is the Sehri a must
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?
- What is the sin of not fasting without any excuse?
- Is it permissible for a person who starts a journey to break his fast?
- Breaking the fast w/o excuse or not making the intention to fast from the night before.
- How did people determine the time of imsak in the past? I heard from old people that they determined the time of imsak when it became bright enough to distinguish black thread from white thread. However, it is very dark at the time of imsak.
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS