Is Saddam Husayn a martyr? How should we view the execution of Saddam?
Submitted by on Fri, 13/10/2017 - 15:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
There are hadiths stating that a person who has belief in his heart and dies with belief will eventually go to Paradise even if he remains in Hell for a while. (Bukhari, Tawhid 19, 31, 36, 37; Muslim, Iman 322, 334; Muwatta, 1/212) The first condition of entering Paradise is belief. If a believer is a sinner, he will go to Paradise after being punished.
All kinds of troubles, diseases and misfortunes that hit man cause his sins to decrease. The punishment in the grave also decreases his sins. The degrees and amount of the sins change from person to person. Therefore, some people are punished in the grave and this punishment is enough for their sins; thus, they go to Paradise directly.
Reckoning on the Day of Judgment is the questioning of all responsible creatures by Allah. A big court of justice will be established in the Gathering Place; everybody will be called to account what they did in the world and they will be judged accordingly.
A person who dies as a believer will go to Paradise after he is punished no matter how sinful he is. The Prophet (pbuh) states the following in a hadith:
"Whoever has oppressed another person concerning his reputation or anything else, he should beg him to forgive him before the Day of Resurrection when there will be no money (to compensate for wrong deeds), but if he has good deeds, those good deeds will be taken from him according to his oppression which he has done, and if he has no good deeds, the sins of the oppressed person will be loaded on him." (Bukhari, Mazalim, 10)
Accordingly, those who oppress others in this world will give their thawabs to the people they oppressed in the hereafter; if they have no thawabs,the sins of the oppressed people will be loaded on them. If a person dies as an unbeliever, he will be loaded the sins of the people he oppressed and will remain in Hell forever.
Questions on Islam
- Husayn (r.a.)
- Does martyrdom eliminate major sins as kaffarah (atonement)?
- Is it necessary to apologize after breaking somebody's heart?
- What is martyrdom? Will you give information about the levels of martyrdom? Who are martyrs? Is a person who is burnt and who is drowned a martyr?
- What will happen if the sins and thawabs of a person are equal on the Scale/Mizan on the Day of Judgment?
- Does a person go directly to Paradise if his thawabs outweigh his sins when deeds are weighed in the Gathering Place?
- At what age should children be taught the concept/idea "Hell"?
- What are the Stages of Life in the Hereafter?
- I committed an unjust act towards somebody years ago. Then I talked to him and he forgave me. However I cannot get rid of the pressure of my conscience. I repented and asked Allah for my forgiveness. How will I know if Allah has forgiven me?
- What happens if the religion of Islam turns out to be a false religion after death and Christians or atheists become the rightful side? In that case, why should I work for Islam? Maybe, the other possibilities are true?