Racists In Muslims.
Submitted by on Mon, 13/10/2008 - 09:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
Racism has been forbidden in Islam. It is Haram. And racists will be punished in the here after. But no one knows what the punishment of it is except Allah. Worldly punishment of racism is determined by Islamic courts.
Verses about racism in the Qur’an:
“Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in God's sight is that one of you who best performs his duty. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (The Qur'an , 49:13)”
“Those who disbelieve filled their hearts with fanatical rage - the fanatical rage of the Time of Ignorance - and God sent down serenity to His Messenger and to the believers, and obliged them to respect the formula of heedfulness which they had most right to and were most entitled to. God has knowledge of all things. (The Qur'an , 48:26)”
And the text given below is what our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) told about racism in his last sermon:
“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim, which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.”
For further information please click on the link given below.
Questions on Islam
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Why was the Quran sent in Arabic?
- What are the wisdoms of reading the Qur´an in Arabic?
- Islam abolished the differences of class, inequality, privileges and superiority of races that were seen in almost every age among people and brought the principle that there were no differences among people in terms of origin.
- "He who wants to learn his value in the eye of Allah should look at Allah’s value in his eye." How should we understand this hadith?
- What are the harms of racism?
- Foreword (About Racism)
- Are Jews cursed?
- What is the criterion of superiority in the sight of Allah (SWT)? Is there any particular race or nation that Allah (SWT) favors?
- What are personal rights and freedoms (rights of immunity / human rights) in Islam? Will you give information regarding the issue?