Is my child who died of an illness a martyr? Has she reached the degree of martyrdom?
I read in an article that a person who died of an illness would be martyr. I ask this question to understand it fully: My daughter died as a result of a genetic disease when she was six months old. Has she reached the degree of martyrdom?
Submitted by on Sat, 09/06/2018 - 12:24
Dear Brother / Sister,
Those who die when they are children are people of Paradise; they will make their relatives, primarily their parents, feel the pleasure of love of children. Therefore, the death of your child is a blessing if you show patience.
The real owner of your child is Allah; he entrusted her to you for a while. He can take her from you whenever He wishes and put her in Paradise based on His wisdom. Thus, a child becomes the eternal child of her parents in Paradise and intercedes for them. What you need to do is to show patience and to accept Allah's decree.
When a child of Paradise dies of an illness, it will cause her to become a spiritual martyr, increasing her right of intercession.
Questions on Islam
- What is martyrdom? Will you give information about the levels of martyrdom? Who are martyrs? Is a person who is burnt and who is drowned a martyr?
- What is the conditions to be a martyr?
- Does martyrdom eliminate major sins as kaffarah (atonement)?
- Umm Sulaym (r.anha)
- Asma bint Abi Bakr (r.anha)
- They say a woman who gives birth is purified of her sins. Is it true?
- The most virtuous four women are mentioned; who are the most virtuous women?
- Umm Ayman (r.anha)
- Hamna bint Jahsh (r.anha)
- Tamadur bint Amr [Khansa] (r.anha)