Menstral blood and fasting
Submitted by on Thu, 02/09/2010 - 15:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
The minimum limit for menstruation is 3 days and the maximum limit is 10 days. If the bleeding does not start again in three days, it is regarded as the blood of istihaza. In that case, you must perform fasting if the bleeding has stopped. If it starts to bleed again in three days after the first bleeding, it is regarded as the blood of istihaza. Then, you must regard those three days as menstruation days and perform qada fasting for those three days.
Questions on Islam
- fasting after a miscarriage
- Is there a kind of fasting like the fasting of the Prophet, the fasting of water and the fasting of hunger?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?
- Is it makruh to fast one day before Ramadan?
- How can we answer those who say it is not written in the Quran that women who are in menstruation and puerperium cannot perform fasting and prayers?
- Is it permissbile not to fast while on trip during Ramadan?