Married to an Atheist - what needs to be done?
The Details of the QuestionMy husband is an atheist, is my nikah valid to him? I have been married for 23 years and since it was an arranged marriage have spoken to my parents on numerous occasions for their assistance. I have been told that we are all responsible for our individual actions and will go in our individual graves
Submitted by on Tue, 06/01/2009 - 16:27
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry an atheist. The nikah is not valid.
Questions on Islam
- Taking in an abused child.
- If a husband and wife who were non-Muslims become Muslims, do they have to make a marriage contract again?
- wife in paradise
- What does to present hadiths to the Quran mean? Did our Prophet say, Present what came to you from me to the Book of Allah. If it is in accordance with the Quran, it is my word. If it is not, it is not my word? If he did say so, how should
- An atheist asked me what benefit I had seen from God as a result of my prayers and worshipping so much up to now. When looked from the outside, we have a poor life. Does this situation not confirm what the atheist says?
- Is the nikah (marriage contract) held in the presence of witnesses through the internet valid?
- Women Confined and Mistreated
- 4. Almsgiving
- Is it not injustice when a person becomes a Muslim at the age of 60 and starts life without a sin like a baby?
- talak in islam
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS