Taking in an abused child.
Submitted by on Tue, 06/01/2009 - 12:35
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is a very big virtue to help and look after those who are in need. And it has a great good deed. It also prevents disasters that will happen to. However there are some points to be attended to according to Islam.
A woman can not touch and show her private parts except hands and face, be together with someone whom is legally possible to make a nikah with. It must be paid attention to these issues. If there is such a possibility, taking in becomes haram. If there is no drawback in these respects, it is not haram.
Questions on Islam
- Married to an Atheist- what needs to be done?
- Can you give information about adoption? Does the child who is adopted become a stranger to the adoptive mother when he grows up? And what is the religious decree to remove that state?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Will you explain the terms milk kinship and milk bank?
- Marriage and Family Life
- Can Girls Marry When They Are Nine Years Old?
- What is the importance of taking care of girls (daughters)?
- What are the basic factors in family institution?
- Prophet Zakariyya [Zacharias] & Yahya [John] (Peace be upon them)
- The Eleventh Letter offers a spiritual drug against the delusion of Satan by interpreting the verse "feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan". (an-Nisa: 76)