Submitted by on Thu, 09/10/2008 - 06:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
Majority of the Islamic scholars think that an engagement or a nikah without the consent of the engaged part is not valid, but some says if the nikah is solemnized with the consent of the parents it is valid.
We think that to solemnize a marriage without the consent of the engaged parts is not true especially if the parts are just baby while this marriage was solemnized.
Questions on Islam
- Can a Muslim man marry a woman among People of the Book?
- Did we commit a sin that we didn’t inform it to our parents about our physical relation and on other hand we committed sin by kissing or touching or even i removed her clothes in car so our nikah is still valid or not?
- Can Girls Marry When They Are Nine Years Old?
- Is it permissible for me to make nikah with a woman who escaped from family violence?
- marriage without imam
- Khadija bint Khuwaylid (r.anha)
- Is dowry permissible in Islam? Isn't it a burden on man?
- Hz. Isa spoke when he was in the cradle. Did he continue speaking after that incident or did he return to normal?
- How does a nikah be solemnized?