marriage without imam
Submitted by on Fri, 19/09/2008 - 03:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
Firstly, marrige without the intention to live together in their whole life, but just because to satisfy their sexual desire is not acceptable in Islam.
Solemnize a marriage by an Imam is not an obligation. It can be performed by someone else who is a sensible man.
Nikah is a contract, an arrangement and a marriage agreement. Therefore it requires some conditions. If one of these conditions doesn’t accrue then the nikah is invalid;
1. Ones who are going to marry or their agents must be present.
2. The declaration of the acceptance of the parts. The spouses must declare their acceptances of marriage by saying “I accept”.
3. Nikah must be announced, not be kept secret. This condition is according to some of the sects.
4. The permission of the parent of the girl. This rule is according to all sects but Hanefi sect.
5. Testifiers must be present. Such testifiers must be whether two males or one male two females who are sensible and at least in their adolescence. So there must be at least one male testifier.
Questions on Islam
- marriage procdure
- representative on marrige
- What is Risale-i Nur? Will you give detailed information about it?
- What is the conditions of nikah to be valid?
- Is it allowed for somebody who has committed adultery to marry somebody who has not committed it?
- What are the hadiths and views of Islamic scholars about listening to musical instruments?
- Is it permissible to force a girl or woman into marriage?
- sign to imam
- Do mentally and physically disabled people have religious responsibilities?