Submitted by on Sun, 05/10/2008 - 02:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
If the marriage conditions are carried out, it can be legal.
Nikah is a contract, an arrangement and a marriage agreement. Therefore it requires some conditions. If one of these conditions doesn’t accrue then the nikah is invalid;
1. Ones who are going to marry or their agents must be present.
2. The declaration of the acceptance of the parts. The spouses must declare their acceptances of marriage by saying “I accept”.
3. Nikah must be announced, not be kept secret. This condition is according to some of the sects.
4. The permission of the parent of the girl. This rule is according to all sects but Hanefi sect.
5. Testifiers must be present. Such testifiers must be whether two males or one male two females who are sensible and at least in their adolescence. So there must be at least one male testifier.
Questions on Islam
- What is the conditions of nikah to be valid?
- Is the biggest fitnah the woman or The Antichrist (Dajjal)?
- marriage without imam
- sign to imam
- marriage procdure
- Is it permissible for me to get married informally?
- WHAT IS 'BONDMAID" MARRIAGE AGREMENT
- Marrying more than one woman
- Is the nikah (marriage contract) held in the presence of witnesses through the internet valid?
- Can a man do second marriage without first wife's permission?