Submitted by on Sun, 05/10/2008 - 02:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
If the marriage conditions are carried out, it can be legal.
Nikah is a contract, an arrangement and a marriage agreement. Therefore it requires some conditions. If one of these conditions doesn’t accrue then the nikah is invalid;
1. Ones who are going to marry or their agents must be present.
2. The declaration of the acceptance of the parts. The spouses must declare their acceptances of marriage by saying “I accept”.
3. Nikah must be announced, not be kept secret. This condition is according to some of the sects.
4. The permission of the parent of the girl. This rule is according to all sects but Hanefi sect.
5. Testifiers must be present. Such testifiers must be whether two males or one male two females who are sensible and at least in their adolescence. So there must be at least one male testifier.
Questions on Islam
- What is the conditions of nikah to be valid?
- marriage without imam
- sign to imam
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- marriage procdure
- Will you give information about Mut'a marriage? Is it permissible?
- What does determine one country whether is an Islamic country or not?
- Organ Transplantation
- Is organ transplantation Halal? What does Islam say about organ donation? Is it permissible to receive or donate an organ from or to a Non-Muslim?
- Foster Relationship