Submitted by on Sat, 16/08/2008 - 09:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
Firstly, it will not be true to make a certain decision on such a subject since we don’t know all the details of the subject. But to enlighten the subject we will specify some points below:
1- First of all a believer should cover up one’s fault. S/he doesn’t have to give information to someone who is not directly related and in charged with the event.
2- The essence for the sins is to keep secret. That is to say, it is not true to expose and to spread the sins.
3- Only to the courts, you have to tell the truth for such the subject. To prevent a harm, an injustice or a wrong in an event that concerning the public and if our testimony will be beneficial for both the person and public then the fault is explained, otherwise we should act in accordance with the benefits of the person and the public. If saying the truth will be harmful we shall keep silent.
Questions on Islam
- What is the Sunnah?
- What is Backbiting? Is it allowable for some certain cases?
- Could you give information about backbiting?
- Lying is forbidden. However, what should we do if we are in a difficult situation? Are there circumstances under which lying is not forbidden? Is it not deceiving to lie at war?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- What is the penalty for oppressing with the tongue?
- The Second Phase of the Call: Addressing Makkans on Safa Hill
- Can I get information about the high ethics of Hz. Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Surah 29. Al-'Ankabut (The Spider)
- Creating an Earthquake