Submitted by on Fri, 17/09/2010 - 13:25
Dear Brother / Sister,
Although the people of Egypt were polytheists then, that verse indicates that they accept the existence of Allah. The fact that they exonerated Allah and that they likened Hazrat Yusuf to angels shows that they had the belief of Allah and angels. (Vehbi Efendi, Kur’an Tefsiri) The fact that the women exonerated Allah shows that there existed some leftovers of the religion of oneness.
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] (Peace be upon him)
- Will you summarize the life of Hazrat Yusuf?
- Does the statement of the women who cut their hands saying, "Allah preserve us" in verse 31 of the chapter of Yusuf not show that they believed in the religion of oneness?
- Is it true that Hz. Maryam (Mary) did not menstruate and that she had a fiancé?
- How many years was Joseph (Yusuf) (pbuh) in jail? How many years had he stayed in jail when two people came to jail near him? How many years did he remain away from his father Jacob (Yaqub) (pbuh)?
- When Hz. Yusuf (Joseph) became an administrator in Egypt, had he started the duty of prophethood? Did he decree based on the laws of Allah when he was the prime minister in Egypt?
- Did Hz. Yusuf (Joseph) have any children? If, yes, what are their names?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) curse anyone?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?