Is it a sin for a good man to curse a bad man?
Submitted by on Mon, 29/02/2016 - 23:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not a sin for a person who is oppressed to curse the person who oppresses him. However, it is not appropriate to curse without a reason.
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"I was not sent as a curser." (Muslim, Birr 87)
He states that to curse a believer is like to kill him. (Bukhari, Adab 44)
The Prophet (pbuh) also said, "If a curse is unjust, it will return to the person who has cursed." (Tirmidhi, Birr 48; Abu Dawud, Adab 45)
We do not advise you to curse even if you are right.
Questions on Islam
- If a mother or father curses their children about an issue though he or she is wrong, will their curse be accepted?
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- What is Gambling? What is the view of Islam on Gambling?
- What is the sin of watching haram (forbidden) things? Will you give detailed information about looking at haram?
- Is it permissible to damn those who insult Muslims and what is regarded holy by Muslims?
- Is taking photos allowed and do they (photos) prevent someone from praying?
- What is Backbiting? Is it allowable for some certain cases?
- When a person eats or drinks alcohol or something unlawful, does s/he really lose his/her religion (belief) for 40 days?
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?