Is it a sin for a good man to curse a bad man?
Submitted by on Mon, 29/02/2016 - 23:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not a sin for a person who is oppressed to curse the person who oppresses him. However, it is not appropriate to curse without a reason.
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"I was not sent as a curser." (Muslim, Birr 87)
He states that to curse a believer is like to kill him. (Bukhari, Adab 44)
The Prophet (pbuh) also said, "If a curse is unjust, it will return to the person who has cursed." (Tirmidhi, Birr 48; Abu Dawud, Adab 45)
We do not advise you to curse even if you are right.
Questions on Islam
- If a mother or father curses their children about an issue though he or she is wrong, will their curse be accepted?
- Is it permissible for a Muslim to swear at, curse or damn another Muslim? How should a person react to those who swear at him?
- Is it a sin to damn and curse sinful believers?
- Will you please give information about the duties of man regarding the environment?
- "Doubtlessly, by his good character, a believer will attain the degree of the one who prays during the night and fasts during the day." How should we understand this hadith?
- Will you give information about educating/training the soul? How can we get rid of the attitudes and habits that we do not want like hatred, enmity, envy, jealousy, inferiority complex and despair?
- Will you mention the explanations of hadiths and verses about bad traits and attitudes?
- What is Murted? Who is called an apostate; ex-Muslim? Can a Muslim be addressed as kafir (unbeliever)?
- “I guarantee a house in Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right, who avoids lying even if he were joking, and...” According to the hadith above, will there be people who will wrong others in Paradise?
- Abdullah bin Amr bin As (r.a.)