Is it permissible for a woman to work in another family by staying there all the time?
- Is it permissible for a girl or woman to do housework in another family by staying there all the time (day and night)?
Submitted by on Tue, 26/07/2022 - 10:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no religious objection for a woman or man to work in another family by acting in accordance with the principles of privacy and hijab.
However, in case of staying there at night,
- the trustworthiness of the people who will stay in the same house together,
- the security of the place to stay,
- and the place’s not consisting of non-mahram people only are important.
- she must be given an outhouse or a secure room to stay,
- there must be other women in the house if there are non-mahram men,
- the conditions to prevent gossip must be arranged.
Questions on Islam
- How is it necessary for a woman to cover her body at home? Do angels run away if her head is uncovered?
- Is it compulsary for women to cover their head when the adhan is called and when the Quran is recited?
- Is it permissible for a woman to work? Is her husband’s permission necessary for it?
- Can you give information about the mahram state of a woman near her husband's brother and the things to be paid attention regarding the issue?
- Is it necessary for relatives and family friends to sit separately (men and women in separate places/rooms)? How should a man act when one of his adult sisters-in-law stays in his house for the night?
- Is there any religious drawback to becoming a foster family for destitute children?
- Is it a sin to go on holiday to the seaside in summer? We go to the seaside but women and men go swimming together. Is it appropriate for us to be there; is it appropriate for my spouse to swim there?
- Is it permissible to go concerts and similar places? What are the criteria of our religion regarding the issue?
- Is it permissible to have one's eyebrows dyed?