Is it permissible to marry for a temporary time period without paying any money? It does not fit the definition of "muta marriage", which is forbidden.
Submitted by on Fri, 10/11/2017 - 15:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is also “muwaqqat (temporary) marriage” in the sense of muta marriage. It is also an invalid marriage. The difference between them is almost no more than using different words. For instance, in temporary marriage, the words nikah and tazwij, which express marriage, are used along with the time period; in muta marriage, the word tamattu or istimta, which expresses "making use of the woman sexually" is used. On the other hand, in muta marriage, witnesses and limitation of time are not necessary. In temporary marriage, they are necessary. (Ibn Abidin, Raddul-Muhtar, Istanbul 1984, III, 51, ff)
As it is understood from the decree above, temporary marriage that is made without paying any money is not permissible.
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about Mut'a marriage? Is it permissible?
- Is it not perversion for Hz. Umar to enter the nuptial chamber with a girl who had not reached the age of puberty?
- Is marriage with the intention of acquiring citizenship permissible?
- Is it permissible to marry a young lady without her consent?
- Is it permissible to make a child’s guardianship a condition in marriage?
- Is it permissible for people from different madhhabs to marry? Do spouses have to belong to the same madhhab?
- Is the purpose of marriage to have sex or to establish a family and reproduce?
- Is it forbidden to enter the nuptial chamber before puberty?
- Is it advisable to marry at a young age and in a hurry?
- Is the nikah (marriage contract) held in the presence of witnesses through the internet valid?