Is it permissible for man to wear an earring?
Submitted by on Wed, 06/10/2010 - 19:35
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to the Islamic laws, it is considered permissible for women to have their ears pierced in order to wear earrings but not permitted for man. Some Islamic jurists argued that it is permissible for young boys to have their ears pierced and although it was practiced during the time of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), it was not prohibited. Howsoever as for most of Islamic jurists, it is haram and for some, it is makrooh that is to say not permissible of an adolescent man’s having his ears pierced.
Questions on Islam
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- What is the decree for men to wear ear rings, necklaces, bracelets etc made of silver or other kinds of material except for gold?
- Is it permissible for a man to wear a platinum ring?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- Lying is forbidden. However, what should we do if we are in a difficult situation? Are there circumstances under which lying is not forbidden? Is it not deceiving to lie at war?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby in order to have a male baby?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Is it religiously permissible to use condoms, contraceptive pills and similar methods for birth control? How does Islam view birth control?
- Is applying kohl permissible in Islam?