Is it permissible to make embroidery patterns including animal figures?
I want to make patterns including animal figures (butterflies, ducks, pandas, etc.) through embroidery on bed and quilt covers for children and on towels and napkins Are they religiously objectionable? Can I use those drawings on the clothes (t-shirts) for children and adults?
Submitted by on Fri, 08/09/2017 - 10:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
Figures like that, which are not regarded as holy, are not hung on the wall as a sign of respect and are located on the things that are used, are not religiously objectionable.
Hayrettin Karaman (Prof. Dr.)
Questions on Islam
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Is it permissible to do stand-up and to earn money by doing stand-up? What is the criteria for humor and jokes in Islam?
- Is it permissible to carry a pig in return for a price?
- Is taking photos allowed and do they (photos) prevent someone from praying?
- Are E additives that exist in some food items haram? Can we consume that safely?
- Can you list the animals whose meats are Helal to eat?
- Is it permissible to have a tattoo done? Is it necessary to remove the tattoo? Do tattoos harm ghusl, wudu and other worships?
- Is it a sin to kill the mosquitoes or other animals in our house?
- Can muslim sell pork, alcohol?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?