Is it permissible to buy and sell foreign currency?
Submitted by on Sat, 30/09/2017 - 11:29
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to buy and sell foreign currency. However, both parties must pay cash.
(see Halil GÜNENÇ, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar, 1/422)
Questions on Islam
- How is it necessary for a woman to cover her body at home? Do angels run away if her head is uncovered?
- Is it permissible to buy the products of foreign countries?
- What are the frequently asked questions about zakat and fitrah and their answers?
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- What is the decree on working as a cook in a hotel where alcoholic drinks are served?
- If Muslims violate the rights of non-Muslims, are they held responsible?
- Is it permissible for people from different madhhabs to marry? Do spouses have to belong to the same madhhab?
- Is it permissible to go to receptions where haram deeds are committed (wedding receptions where alcohol is served)?
- Is it permissible to accept the invitation and to go to the places where haram deeds are committed (like a wedding reception where alcoholic drinks are served)?
- Will you give information about migrating because of not being able to practice Islam?