Is it appropriate to keep a plate, etc. having a pattern of evil eye bead on at home? Is it permissible to wear an evil eye bead?
Submitted by on Mon, 13/11/2017 - 13:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is definitely haram to wear an evil eye bead. It is a nonsensical custom dating back to the Era of Jahiliyyah. The Prophet (pbuh) stated the following:
"May Allah not complete the work of a person who wears an evil eye bead!" (Hakim and Ahmad narrated it)
Even if it is an ornament, it is necessary not to keep it at home so as not to spread such a superstitious custom.
(Halil GÜNENÇ, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar II / 259)
Questions on Islam
- What is the criterion for extravagance and generosity? How can we distinguish between extravagance and generosity?
- What is Risale-i Nur? Will you give detailed information about it?
- What kind of actions will Dajjal (Anti-Christ) carry out? Who will be his greatest supporter(s)?
- What are the lessons we can learn from coronavirus epidemy?
- What are the hadiths and views of Islamic scholars about listening to musical instruments?
- Wearing Suras
- What is Dabbatu’l Ard? Has it emerged? Can the Illness of Aids be Dabba?
- Will you explain the hadith "Son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you as a just ruler, will break the Cross, kill the pig and abolish jizyah; wealth will become so abundant that no one will accept it"?
- Is it permissible to keep chickens hungry so that they will start laying eggs again?