Is it necessary to kill an animal that has killed a human being?
Submitted by on Sat, 23/03/2019 - 14:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
We should try to maintain the natural balances of the universe and animals, which form one of those balances.
It is not permissible to kill harmless animals unless there is a risk of their spreading a disease or there is a legitimate excuse. It stated that it is forbidden to kill unnecessarily and arbitrarily the animals living on land and in the sea except the ones that attack people or their belongings and that killing them makes the one that kills them responsible.
However, to kill an ownerless animal by mistake decreases the sin but it is still necessary to repent, give sadaqah and ask forgiveness from Allah. If the animal has an owner, it is necessary to pay him the price of the animal and to ask forgiveness from him.
Besides, if it is necessary to kill an animal, it needs to be killed suddenly and without giving much pain to the animal and without scaring it.
If an animal kills a human being, it shows that it is an animal. Since animals have no intellect, they will not be held responsible. Its owner will be held responsible in the eye of Allah and he is regarded to have committed a crime in terms of human rights.
Therefore, if the owner of the animal is guilty, one will apply to the court; the owner will be punished or will be imposed a fine. However, the animal that has caused a loss cannot be killed or harmed.
Questions on Islam
- First Topic: It emphasizes the importance of brotherhood and love among Muslims. It explains with a persuasive style how damaging rancor and enmity are from the point of view of both Islam and social, individual and spiritual life.
- Is it permissible to keep chickens hungry so that they will start laying eggs again?
- Will you give information about animals’ obtaining their sustenance and the wisdom behind the violence among animals? Will the oppression and cruelty among animals be left unpunished? Why do our Lord show consent to it?
- THE VIEW OF EVOLUTIONISTS AND CREATIONISTS ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- Seeds of Reality are aphorisms from the booklet called Seeds of Reality, which was first published in 1920.
- Can I get information about the high ethics of Hz. Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- Is the creation of hell and the devil not contrary to the understanding of a perfect creator (Allah)?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?