Submitted by on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 23:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to Islamic Jurisprudence, 1/8 of the inheritance belongs to the wife. The rest is shared out among the sons and daughters, but sons are given two times more than daughters.
As for your question, divide the amount into 48 pieces;
6/48 of it is given to the wife.
14/48 of it is given to each son.
7/48 of it is given to each daughter.
Mathematically 1200000/48 = 25000
6*25000 = 150000 (this is the share of the wife)
7*25000 = 175000 (this is the share of each daughter)
14*25000 = 350000 (this is the share of each son)
Questions on Islam
- Why is the share given to women in Islam regarding inheritance is half of that given to men? What is the arrangement Islam introduced regarding the share of women in inheritance and equality?
- What is the Islamic view on Inheritance?
- Marriage and Family Life
- Can a non Muslim child of a Muslim get inheritance?
- Can you give information about adoption? Does the child who is adopted become a stranger to the adoptive mother when he grows up? And what is the religious decree to remove that state?
- What is the importance of taking care of girls (daughters)?
- What are the women's rights? What are the duties of wives and husbands against each other?
- Are the mother and father regarded to have violated the rights of their child who is married and who lives in a different place from them if they take from his property without his permission?
- Are women neglected in the Islamic law?
- Inheritance- when ones have only daughters (no son)