I´m traveling for 3 days can I break fast?
Submitted by on Mon, 16/08/2010 - 17:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
Such a distance is regarded as a journey and it is permissible for the traveller (musafir) to break his fast in Ramadan. But you have to make up that day;
"if anyone is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you He does not want to put you to difficulties." (al-Baqarah 2:185)
Questions on Islam
- Praying and fasting in travel period, same princple?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Is it permissible for a person who starts a journey to break his fast?
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
- How is kaffarah fasting performed? If a person breaks fasting in Ramadan more than one day, how many times does he have to perform kaffarah fasting? Does kaffarah fasting become necessary if a person does not fast in Ramadan?
- In which situations is a person permitted not to fast?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?