If I make a mistake while performing a prayer and read something wrong or sit after the third rak'ah instead of the fourth one and read at-Tahiyyat, what should I do?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/03/2016 - 19:07
Dear Brother / Sister,
In those cases, you need to perform prostration of forgetfulness (sajdah as-sahw).
A person who sits after the third rak'ah in a four-rak'ah prayer by mistake for tashahhud needs to stand up when he remembers it and complete his prayer; he needs to perform prostration of forgetfulness at the end of the prayer. For, he has delayed qiyam, which is one of the fards of the prayer.
Delaying a fard, abandoning a wajib by forgetting it, or delaying it or performing it earlier than its determined time in a prayer, necessitate prostration of forgetfulness.
Questions on Islam
- What should a person who does not sit after the third rak'ah of the evening prayer and stands up for the fourth rak'ah do?
- How to perform the evening (maghrib) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the evening (maghrib) prayer (Sunnah)
- How does a person who catches up with the imam after the first rak’ah (third rak’ah) in a four-rak’ah prayer (masbuq) complete his prayer?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The First Sunnah)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The Last Sunnah)
- How is Qa'da al-Akhira (last sitting) performed in prayer?
- How is Prayer (salah) performed?