I have a lot of work to do. I cannot perform prayers. What should I do?
Submitted by on Tue, 27/07/2010 - 13:00
Dear Brother / Sister,
O man who is connected to the world as if worshipping it! Does your slackness in worship and deficiency in prayers arise from the multiplicity of your worldly occupations, or because you cannot find time due to the struggle for livelihood? Were you created only for this world that you spend ail your time on it?
Why do you not understand that your basic duty is not to labor like an animal, but to expend effort for a true, perpetual life, like a true human being.!
Besides, the worldly works are trivial matters that mostly do not concern you, and that you meddle in officiously and confuse. You leave aside the essential things and pass your time in acquiring inessential information as if you were going to live for thousands of years.
As a result: O man! Know that yesterday has left you, and as for tomorrow, you have nothing to prove that it will be yours. In which case, know that your true life is the present day. So throw at least one of its hours into a mosque or prayer-mat, a coffer for the hereafter like a reserve fund, set up for the true future.
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, it becomes wearying. What should we do?
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, doesn’t it become wearying?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- What does Mithaq, that is the ‘covenant’ in qalu bala, mean? Why do we not remember the promise we made in the realm of the souls? Will it make us free of responsibility not to remember that promise?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- Will you give information about football and its objectionable aspects? How does the religion Islam view sport games such as football, basketball etc.?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?