How many rakats are there in Witr prayer? (a necessary prayer performed between night prayer and dawn prayer) When should we perform the witr prayer?
Submitted by on Wed, 20/04/2011 - 18:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
- According to Hanafi madhhab, witr prayer has three rak’ahs. According to Shafiis, it has at least one rak’ah and at most eleven rak’ahs. According to Malikis and Hanbalis, witr prayer has one rak’ah. (İslam Fıkhı Ansiklopedisi Prof. Dr. Wahba Zuhayli)
- The time of witr prayer continues until the time of imsak. It is more virtuous to perform witr prayer late at night. However, if a person fears that he cannot wake up, he had better perform it after the night (isha) prayer.
Questions on Islam
- How many rakats are there in "Tarawih Prayer"?
- How is Tarawih Prayer Performed?
- Can you give information about the five daily prayers?
- Why do we read salli-barik prayers in the first sitting of the first sunnah of the afternoon and night salahs? In case of forgetting to read them, do we have to make sajda as-sahw?
- Are the last sunnahs of the noon, evening and night prayers, which are sunnah muakkadah, be performed as four rak’ahs? Is there a hadith about it?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- Did the Prophet perform tarawih prayer as eight rak’ahs?
- I would like to get some information about Tahajjud.
- Can I perform the witr prayer that belongs to the night prayer as one rakat?
- What is the correct method of offering Qada Prayer? In what way is it beneficial?