How many children did Prophet Adam have?
Submitted by on Tue, 14/04/2015 - 15:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
Eve (Hawwa) had forty infants from Adam out of twenty births. In another narration, it is said that Eve had one hundred twenty births. 1
Prophet Adam lived on Nawdh mountain with his sons and his sons’sons until their number reached to forty thousand. 2
1. See at-Tabari, Tafsir, VI, 186, ff; Tarikh, 1/1,189 ff; as-Salabi, Arais, p. 26 ff; at-Tus Tafsir, III, 491 ff; at-Tabrasi, Tafsir, II, 182 ff; az-Zamakhshari, Tafsir 1,623 ff; Ibnu'l-Arabi, Tafsir, II, 586 ff; Ibnu'l-Jawzi, Tafsir, II 331 ff; Ibn Kathir, Tafsir, II 541 ff; al-Qasimi, Tafsir, 1942; Rashid Riza, Tafsir, VI, 340 ff; al-Mas'udi, Muruju'z-Dhahab 1, 35 ff; Ibnu'1-Athir, al-Kamil, 44-45; Ibn Kathir, al-Bidaya I, 92 ff; Ali Ibn Bali, Badaiu'z-Zuhur, p. 47; Diyarakri, Tarikh, 59 ff; Abdulwahhab an-Najjar, Qasasu'l-Anbiya, p. 22-23.
2. Ibn Sa'd-Tabaqat Vol.1,p. 38-39; Tabari-Tarikh Vol. 1, p. 84; al-Mas'udi, Muruju'z-Dhahab Vol. 1, p. 38; Peygamberler Tarihi, Asım Köksal; İslami Kaynaklara Göre Peygamberler, Abdullah Aydemir
Questions on Islam
- Farewell Sermon
- Will you give information about Hz. Danyal (Daniel)?
- Calling The Negus of Abyssinia to Islam
- Some people say Hz. Ibrahim's son that he wanted to sacrifice was Hz. Ishaq. How true is it?
- Will you give information about Hz. Ali's migration to Madinah after the Prophet?
- The Conquest of Makkah
- The Treaty of Hudaybiyah
- How tall was the Prophet Adam and how long did he live? Is there a source you can show related to it?
- The Expedition of Ghaba