How to make niyyah (intention) for performing missed fasting?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/04/2016 - 00:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
A niyyah like that is valid for missed fasting. In fact, niyyah is a deed related to the heart; it is better to express it by the tongue.
The best way for a person to make niyyah for the missed fasting of Ramadan is to say, "I intend to perform the first fard fasting I missed". However, it is enough to make niyyah without saying "the first" or "the last" missed fasting.
Questions on Islam
- Is the fasting of a person who does not intend for missed Ramadan fasting with his heart or tongue until imsak time but intends later until noon valid?
- What is the time to make intention for fasting according to Shafii madhhab? Is it fard to make intention?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- Is it permissible to make ghusl/have a bath while fasting? How should one sniff water into his nostrils and gargle?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- What is the way, decree and time for the intention (niyyah) of fasting? Is it permissible to make intention after imsak? Does the time of niyyah change according to fard or nafilah fasting?
- Is it a sin to fast when one is junub?
- Will you give information about the qada of skipped fasting and giving fidyah for skipped fasting?
- Is it makruh to fast one day before Ramadan?