How to make niyyah (intention) for performing missed fasting?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/04/2016 - 00:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
A niyyah like that is valid for missed fasting. In fact, niyyah is a deed related to the heart; it is better to express it by the tongue.
The best way for a person to make niyyah for the missed fasting of Ramadan is to say, "I intend to perform the first fard fasting I missed". However, it is enough to make niyyah without saying "the first" or "the last" missed fasting.
Questions on Islam
- Is the fasting of a person who does not intend for missed Ramadan fasting with his heart or tongue until imsak time but intends later until noon valid?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- What is the time to make intention for fasting according to Shafii madhhab? Is it fard to make intention?
- Can ransom (fidyah) for fasting be given to a charity organization?
- Should those who have difficulty in performing fasting due to their conditions perform fasting later or pay fidya?
- What to do on the Night of Power (Laylatul-Qadr)?