How is it necessary to make niyyah when performing the morning prayer after the sun rises and after the time of karaha ends? Is that prayer regarded to have been missed?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/03/2016 - 19:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the conditions of the prayer is to perform it on time. Therefore, a prayer that is not performed in the period of time determined for it is regarded to have been missed. To miss a prayer causes a person to be held responsible.
Apart from performing a missed prayer, it is necessary to repent and to be careful so as not to miss a prayer again.
If the morning prayer is performed after the period of time determined for it, it is performed as a missed prayer. If a person performs the missed morning prayer before noon on the same day, he needs to perform both the sunnah and fard of the morning prayer.
Questions on Islam
- When does the time for fasting start, with imsak or adhan? Is it permissible to eat until adhan ends?
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking while adhan is called at suhoor and until adhan ends?
- If a person cannot wake up for the morning prayer (fajr), if he, say, gets up at 9 o’clock, how can he perform the morning prayer?
- If there is someone who dies or is nearly dead in congregation, should one leave the salah (prayer) to rescue him or should he help him after the prayer ends?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?
- When does the time period for the morning prayer (fajr) start and when does it end? Why is the adhan for the morning prayer called an hour after imsak time?
- When does the time of morning prayer start and end? If I miss the morning prayer, when should I perform it?
- What is the importance of the morning prayer (fajr)?