How did the tribe of Banu Sulaym become Muslims?
Submitted by on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 15:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Messenger of Allah had gone to Makkah to conquer it. In the place called Qudayd, nine hundred to one thousand people from Sons of Sulaym met him and became Muslims. They joined the Islamic army and took part in the conquest of Makkah and the battles of Hunayn and Taif. (Ibn Sa’d, Tabaqat, Vol. 1, p. 307-308.)
Questions on Islam
- Some Other Incidents of the 8th Year of the Migration
- Did Hazrath Mohammed (pbuh) participate in any battles?
- Urwa bin Mas’ud (r.a.)
- Umm Sulaym (r.anha)
- How many tribes of Jews were there in Madinah and how was their attitude toward the Muslims?
- Will you give detailed information about the life and personality of Hz. Abu Bakr (ra)?
- The Battle of Hunayn
- The Siege of Taif
- How was the Prophet welcomed in Taif, where he went to call people to Islam? What happened when he returned from Taif?
- "Had Allah wished to take to Himself a son, He could have chosen whom He pleased out of those whom He doth create: but Glory be to Him! He is Allah, the One, the Irresistible." (az-Zumar, 39/4) How should this verse be understood?