How did the tribe of Banu Sulaym become Muslims?
Submitted by on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 15:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Messenger of Allah had gone to Makkah to conquer it. In the place called Qudayd, nine hundred to one thousand people from Sons of Sulaym met him and became Muslims. They joined the Islamic army and took part in the conquest of Makkah and the battles of Hunayn and Taif. (Ibn Sa’d, Tabaqat, Vol. 1, p. 307-308.)
Questions on Islam
- Some Other Incidents of the 8th Year of the Migration
- How many tribes of Jews were there in Madinah and how was their attitude toward the Muslims?
- After the conquest of Makkah, the Islamic state got stronger and its land expanded. How did this affect the tribes around it?
- Will you give detailed information about the life and personality of Hz. Abu Bakr (ra)?
- From what race does Hz. Ibrahim came from?
- How did "the Expedition of Sawik", which ended without fighting, take place?
- How was the Prophet (pbuh) able to enter Makkah after returning from Taif?
- What does the phrase "pure descent" used for the Prophet (pbuh) mean?
- How did idolatry start in Makkah first and how did it continue?
- How did the incident of a group of jinn becoming Muslims take place when the Prophet (pbuh) returned from Taif?