Did Hazrath Mohammed (pbuh) participate in any battles?
Submitted by on Sun, 22/03/2009 - 04:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
The political and military campaigns that our Prophet himself took part in are called ghazwa; the political and military campaigns that our Prophet did not take part but gave the flag to someone from his companions and appointed him the leader of the campaign are called sariyya.
There were 27 ghazwas that the Prophet himself led. They are Abwa, Buwat, Badru’l-ula-Safawan, Zu’l-Ushayra, Badr, Bani Qaynuqa', Sawiq, Qarqaratul kudr, Ghatafan, Bani Sulaym, Uhud, Hamraulasad, Bani Nadir, Badru’l-Maw’id, Zatu’r-Riqa’, Dumatul jandal, Muraysi’ (Bani’l-Mustaliq), Khandaq, Bani Kurayza, Bani Lihyan, Ghaba, Hudaybiya, Khaybar, Conquest of Makkah, Hunayn, Taif and Tabuk. There were clashes only in nine of those ghazwas.
Questions on Islam
- What are the purposes of wars that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) fought?
- What is the source of Islamic chants and Madih Nabawi? It is claimed that chants and Madih performed in chorus were originated from Christianity. Is it so?
- What are the proofs that Shia put forth about the claim that Hazrath Ali should have been the first caliph and how can these claims be answered?
- Did Hz. Aisha take part in the battle of Uhud?
- What are some important incidents that took place in the first year of the Migration?
- 5. Madinah Period of Hazrat Muhammad
- Sariyyas are Sent Around
- What is the importance of inculcating when conveying the message of Islam and implementing it into life?
- What are the reasons and wisdoms of Muslim defeat in the battle of Uhud?