Did Hazrath Mohammed (pbuh) participate in any battles?
Submitted by on Sun, 22/03/2009 - 04:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
The political and military campaigns that our Prophet himself took part in are called ghazwa; the political and military campaigns that our Prophet did not take part but gave the flag to someone from his companions and appointed him the leader of the campaign are called sariyya.
There were 27 ghazwas that the Prophet himself led. They are Abwa, Buwat, Badru’l-ula-Safawan, Zu’l-Ushayra, Badr, Bani Qaynuqa', Sawiq, Qarqaratul kudr, Ghatafan, Bani Sulaym, Uhud, Hamraulasad, Bani Nadir, Badru’l-Maw’id, Zatu’r-Riqa’, Dumatul jandal, Muraysi’ (Bani’l-Mustaliq), Khandaq, Bani Kurayza, Bani Lihyan, Ghaba, Hudaybiya, Khaybar, Conquest of Makkah, Hunayn, Taif and Tabuk. There were clashes only in nine of those ghazwas.
Questions on Islam
- What are the purposes of wars that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) fought?
- 5. Madinah Period of Hazrat Muhammad
- Sariyyas are Sent Around
- What are the reasons and wisdoms of Muslim defeat in the battle of Uhud?
- Will you narrate the incident of Hz. Uthman's marrying Umm Kulthum, the daughter of the Prophet?
- What are the proofs that Shia put forth about the claim that Hazrath Ali should have been the first caliph and how can these claims be answered?
- What are some important incidents that took place in the first year of the Migration?
- Ghazwas and Sariyyas
- What is Implied with the word Conquest in the Tenth Verse of Chapter al-Hadíd:Not equal among you are those who spent (freely) and fought, before the Conquest, (with those who did so later) Could you Make an Asses
- Jabir bin Abdullah (r.a.)