Submitted by on Sat, 20/09/2008 - 09:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
The names of our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) “Muhammad” and “Ahmad” are mentioned five times in the Quran. Four times Muhammad and one time Ahmad is mentioned.
Muhammad is mentioned in the surahs given below;
Ahmad is mentioned in the 6th verse of the Surah As-Saff (Battle Array).
But, our Prophet has many names other than these two. Many of them are mentioned in the verses of the Quran.
Questions on Islam
- What is the meaning of the name Muhammad? Did the Prophet (pbuh) use this name for the first time?
- How many prophets were sent to the world?
- What are the Essentials of the religion-Islam? Can you explain?
- What is the number of prophets?
- Is the Quran makhluq (something created)? Is it true that some madhhab imams were tortured because of this issue?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Torah.
- What Does Khatamu´l Anbiya “the Seal of the Prophets” Mean? What are the distinctive characteristics of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Did any Christians in Abyssinia become Muslims thanks to the Muslims who migrated to Abyssinia?
- Did God send any other books or pages apart from the four great books and pages?
- How is the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) mentioned in Indian holy scriptures? What are the implications for Him (PBUH) in Indian holy scriptures?