Did the Prophet Musa (Moses) pray by saying make me a member of the ummah of Muhammad?
- Did the Prophet Musa (Moses) Musa say to Allah, “Make me a member of the ummah of Muhammad”?
- Is there such information?
Submitted by on Mon, 03/10/2022 - 10:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
The part of a long narration related to the question is as follows:
Musa (Moses) said: “O Lord! Verily I have found in the Torah the characteristics of a good ummah that will emerge for the benefit of humanity, that will enjoin good and forbid wrong, and that will believe in Allah. Let it be my ummah!”
Allah said, “It is the ummah of Muhammad”. (1)
There are other narrations regarding the issue too. (2)
In fact, the name “Muhammad” is mentioned as Mushaffah, al-Munhamanna, Himyata, etc. meaning “Muhammad”, in the form of Assyrian names in Hebrew in those books. The name “Muhammad” itself was present only in a few places. And those few occurrences were distorted by jealous Jews. (3)
1) Ali al-Qari, Sharhush-Shifa, 1:746; Yusuf Nabhani, Hujjatullah alal-Alamin, 107-118; The Bible, Isaiah, 42.
2) Abu Nuaym, Dalailun-Nubuwwa, Chapter Four.
3) see Yusuf Nabhani, Hujjatullah alal-Alamin, 112-113; Qastalani, al-Mawahibul-Ladunniyya, 6:189; Nursi, Mektubat, 19. Mektup.
Questions on Islam
- The expressions of soothsayers and some scholars concerning the good news of the Prophet’s coming to this world before his birth are a proof his prophethood.
- "My name will reach every place where the sun rises and sets." Is the statement above a hadith? If it is a hadith, how should it be understood? When will it take place?
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- The First Kind is the news given by the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms and other scriptures about Muhammad (pbuh).
- The good news of the arrival of the prophet (PBUH) prophesized from the realm of unseen by some Jinn called Hatif and idols, including the writings on gravestones are a proof of Muhammad’s prophethood.
- Glad Tidings about the Prophet’s Coming Before His Birth
- Who is the person who said, I wish I would live long enough to belong to the ummah of Muhammad (pbuh)?
- When did Hz. Adam find out about Hz. Muhammad? When did he first see the name of our Prophet?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Bible.
- The Second Kind is the news given by soothsayers, and people like saints and gnostics about Hz. Muhammad’s (pbuh) coming.