How did Hz. Umar migrate from Makkah to Madinah?
Submitted by on Thu, 11/04/2019 - 15:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
While the other Muslims were in the process of emigrating in secret, Hazrat Umar was girding on his sword. He took his bow, arrow, and spear and went to the Kaaba. He openly circumambulated the Kaaba seven times. He bravely called out to the ringleaders of the polytheists who were present:
“I am emigrating in the way of Allah so that I can protect my religion. If one wants to leave his wife as a widow, to make his mother cry, and to have his children orphaned, then come before me on this valley!” (Insanu’l-Uyun, V. 2, p. 183-184.)
After this fearless cry, about twenty Muslims went towards Madina in broad daylight. None of the polytheists had any courage to track them down.
In a few months, a great percentage of Muslims had departed from Mecca to Madina. Our Holy Prophet (PBUH), Hazrat Abu Bakr, Hazrat Ali, the needy who could not afford a long journey, those who did not have the strength to endure a long crossing, and those imprisoned by the polytheists stayed behind.
Our Holy Prophet (PBUH) also had the intention to emigrate. However, he was awaiting Allah’s permission in this matter. In fact, when Hazrat Abu Bakr disclosed his wish to emigrate our Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “Be patient. It is hoped that Allah will grant you a companion” (to emigrate with.)
Questions on Islam
- How did the people of Madinah welcome the first Muslims who migrated to Madinah and how did the polytheists think of a plan of assassinating the Prophet (pbuh)?
- Will you please give information about the miracle of Isra (Night Journey) and Miraj (Ascension)?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- Were there any handicapped companions during the time when the Prophet (PBUH) lived? How did the Prophet (pbuh) treat them?
- How did "the Miracle of Hanin al-Jiz", which means the moaning of the date trunk in the mosque, take place?
- How do Allah and Muhammed (pbuh) value children?
- What are some important incidents that took place in the first year of the Migration?
- What is the explanation of the chapter of ad-Duha and the reason why it was sent down?
- Is it true that Hz. Ali did not pay allegiance to Hz. Abu Bakr?