How can we show patience against the issue of which we do not know the hidden side?
Submitted by on Wed, 30/06/2010 - 20:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
Even though showing patience against trouble and unpleasantries is hard for humans to do, it contains consequences which will engender spiritual progress in the hereafter.Patience is deemed as a way of worshipping like the Prayer and fasting, and those who show patience are praised by God and are given joyful tidings of great rewards as stated in the Qur’an: ” O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient. ( the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153). “We will certainly test you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and fruits (earnings); but give glad tidings to the persevering and patient” ( the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:155)
Since humans are unable to know the future, it is also impossible for them to know the hidden side of the events that happen to them. God wants us to give in to Him against the unpleasantries of which we do not know the hidden side and to believe that everything that comes from Him will end well. He gives good tidings that those who believe in this will be rewarded with entering Paradise.
Questions on Islam
- Could you please explain the verse; “O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient.” (the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153)
- Does Allah’s love towards us lessen because of the sins that we commit?
- In the Qur’an, could the example of a vessel sailing in the sea be an attribution to the buoyancy force of water?
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- In which situations is a person permitted not to fast?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Is our Prophet (pbuh) any different from other prophets?
- Can it be proved through evidence from the Quran that Islam is not a religion of terror but that contrarily it prohibits terror, anarchy and mischief?
- By indicating verses from the Qur’an, can you prove that Islam is not a religion of terror; on the contrary, it condemns terror, anarchy, and mischief making?
- Special File of Sexuality Test