How can we show patience against the issue of which we do not know the hidden side?
Submitted by on Wed, 30/06/2010 - 20:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
Even though showing patience against trouble and unpleasantries is hard for humans to do, it contains consequences which will engender spiritual progress in the hereafter.Patience is deemed as a way of worshipping like the Prayer and fasting, and those who show patience are praised by God and are given joyful tidings of great rewards as stated in the Qur’an: ” O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient. ( the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153). “We will certainly test you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and fruits (earnings); but give glad tidings to the persevering and patient” ( the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:155)
Since humans are unable to know the future, it is also impossible for them to know the hidden side of the events that happen to them. God wants us to give in to Him against the unpleasantries of which we do not know the hidden side and to believe that everything that comes from Him will end well. He gives good tidings that those who believe in this will be rewarded with entering Paradise.
Questions on Islam
- Could you please explain the verse; “O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient.” (the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153)
- Is our Prophet (pbuh) any different from other prophets?
- What animals are mentioned in the Qur´an?
- Could you please list the rights of parents over their children?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Can a dead person contact with the actual world? Can they see the people who visit their graves?
- What are the characteristics of paradise life? Is eternal life not boring even if it is in paradise?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- How does our religion warn those who speak loudly, by shouting in a way that is inappropriate for communication ethics? What kind of an attitude should we adopt towards this kind of people?
- Is everything mentioned in the Quran?