Does sajdah as-sahw become necessary if a person reads verses from different chapters after reading the chapter of al-Fatiha?
Submitted by on Fri, 07/10/2016 - 00:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
After reading the chapter of al-Fatiha in prayer if a person thinks for a while about what verse or chapter to read, sajdah as-sahw becomes necessary because wajib is delayed.
If you have not waited for a while and you have read from the chapter of at-Tin at first, the chapter of al-Asr after that and the chapter of at-Tin again, qiraah has been fulfilled. Sajdah as sahw is not necessary for it.
Questions on Islam
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- When is Sajdah as-Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) required? Where is it be performed?
- What should a person who forgets to read zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses) after reciting al-Fatiha but goes to ruku and remembers it there do?
- In the salah, if we forget an ayah while reading a short additional chapter like Surah al-Ikhlas, must we perform sajdah as-sahw?
- What should a person who reads other verses before the chapter of al-Fatiha in prayer do?
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- What is necessary to do if the chapter of al-Fatiha is not read in the 3rd and 4th rak'ahs of fard prayers?
- Wajibs of prayer
- If I forget to recite an additional surah (chapter), will my prayer be valid?