Does qada prayer really exist? Many theologists say, “the best prayer is the one that is performed on time; otherwise, it loses its importance; there is no prayer called qada.”
Submitted by on Wed, 21/08/2019 - 11:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
Of course it is not appropriate to miss a prayer deliberately. The best prayer is the one that is performed on time. However, this does not mean that “qada prayer is not performed” because the Prophet Muhammad performed qada prayers himself due to reasons beyond his control.
It is fard to perform prayers that are missed. It is also necessary to perform prayers that are missed according to all four madhabs.
The five daily prayers are fard (obligatory) for all Muslims. It is necessary to give back the money on time when you borrow from someone. However, when the payment is delayed, it is also necessary to excuse and repay it. Just like this, it is necessary to pay the debts of prayer on time. However, if they are delayed because of some reasons, we should apologize to Allah and pay all the debts of prayers.
The debts of prayers are paid by only performing the prayers. There is no other way than this.
Questions on Islam
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- Is a person considered to have performed one thousand qada (missed) prayers when he performs only a single qada prayer in Haram ash-Sharif (Kaaba) or al-Masjid an-Nabawi (the Prophet's Mosque)?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- Can the sunnah prayers that are abandoned due to some obligations be performed as qada (missed) prayers afterwards?
- There are some people who say the prayers that are missed deliberately cannot be performed as qada (missed) prayers. Is it true? Does qada (missed) prayer exist in all madhhabs?
- If a person cannot wake up for the morning prayer (fajr), if he, say, gets up at 9 o’clock, how can he perform the morning prayer?
- Beginning from what age must missed prayers be calculated? How are missed prayers performed?
- What do you think about those who change their madhhab so as not to perform sunnah prayers?