Do woman have to take off their fake nails before taking wudu?
Submitted by on Mon, 05/10/2009 - 20:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
Anything that prevents water from touching the skin is a hindrance for Wudu and Ghusl (full ablution). Fake nails also must be taken off before wudu or Ghusl.
Questions on Islam
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- Is it permissible for women to paint their nails by polishing them?
- If I get dental veneers or dental crowns, Will my Ghusl (ablution) be valid? Do I need to take them off?
- wudu Hanafi
- Is it permissible to perform prayers by applying a colorless nail polisher?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Is the ghusl of a person who covers his/her teeth only for decoration and show-off without any purpose of treatment valid?
- Is it permissible for a women to make up in the religion of Islam?
- For a woman who has made a miscarriage, is there a period of waiting to recover? How should be acted if it is not sure whether the organs of the child were formed?