Did the Prophet damn Hz. Abu Bakr and Hz. Umar?
"May Allah damn a person who abandons Usama’s army!" - How sound is this hadith and what is its resource? - Does it include Abu Bakr and Umar, who had to abandon the army?
Submitted by on Wed, 06/09/2017 - 15:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
The narration about “damning” mentioned above was put forward by the Shiite.
According to Ahl as-Sunnah scholars, there is no single sound narration regarding the issue.
The Prophet’s (pbuh) damning about something like that is not in accordance with the nature of this issue. It should not be thought that the Prophet (pbuh), who did not damn the polytheists and munafiqs, should damn those who left Usama’s army.
Besides, all of the people who were in this army were the Companions who were sincere believers. Islamic scholars hold the view that this story was made up by the Shiite in order to declare that Hz. Abu Bakr and Hz. Umar were unbelievers.
Some Shiites give Ibn Sad’s Tabaqat and Ibn Hisham’s Sirah as reference on the internet. Although we searched for it a lot, we could not find the issue of “damning” in the places where Usama’s army is mentioned in those resources.
Besides, if the Prophet had made such a warning, Hz. Abu Bakr and Hz. Umar, who acted the most sincerely toward Allah and His Messenger and showed them the most respect, would have taken this warning into consideration more than anybody else, as the ummah of Islam would agree unanimously –except some groups.
Questions on Islam
- Who is the closest person to Hz. Muhammad? Hz. Umar, Hz. Uthman, Abu Bakr or Hz. Ali?
- Usama bin Zayd (r.a.)
- Is it true that Khalid bin Walid committed adultery?
- Will you give detailed information about the life and personality of Hz. Abu Bakr (ra)?
- Abu Bakr (r.a.)
- What was the personality of Hz. Uthman like? Will you give detailed information?
- What is the Incident of Saqifah? Where did it take place?
- How was Hz. Abu Bakr chosen as the caliph?
- Why are Shiites hostile to Sunnis?
- The Expedition of Sons of Murra