Did the king who lived at the same age as the Prophet Joseph (Yusuf) was a prophet accept Yusuf’s prophethood or did he oppose Yusuf?
Submitted by on Mon, 11/05/2015 - 10:34
Dear Brother / Sister,
The suffering life of Joseph which started when his brothers threw him into a water well is mentioned more than his prophethood in the Quran. In addition, the Qur’an also describes the services he gave to the people while holding the posts that he attained through reliance, honesty and patience, and his chaste, dramatic and original life, which includes the time when he desired the afterlife and death, which expressed the power of his belief, when he rejoined his family.
According to the information given in some sources, Joseph came to the Egypt in 1729 BC. When he became the ruler of Egypt, he was thirty years old. He died in 1635 BC. When he was the ruler, he brought his relatives to Egypt. In this way, Israelites settled in that location for the first time. (Ibn Ashur, Yusuf, interpretation of verses 1- 4)
According to Ibn Ishaq, Walid B. Rayyan (the monarch of Egypt) believed in Joseph and was converted to his religion. (see Ibn Kathir, an-Nihaya, 1/241; Qisasu’l-Anbiya, 137).
Questions on Islam
- Will you summarize the life of Hazrat Yusuf?
- Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] (Peace be upon him)
- When Hz. Yusuf (Joseph) became an administrator in Egypt, had he started the duty of prophethood? Did he decree based on the laws of Allah when he was the prime minister in Egypt?
- Can you give some information about the clock miracle of the Prophet Yusuf (a.s.) and its importance?
- Is it not contrary to equality that Hz. Yaqub loved his son Hz. Yusuf more than his other sons?
- Why did Hz. Yusuf want to die when he was the happiest? Will you explain verse 101 of the chapter of Yusuf?
- Will you give information about Mariya, the Prophet’s wife?
- Did Hz. Yusuf (Joseph) have any children? If, yes, what are their names?
- How many years was Joseph (Yusuf) (pbuh) in jail? How many years had he stayed in jail when two people came to jail near him? How many years did he remain away from his father Jacob (Yaqub) (pbuh)?
- The Conquest of Makkah