Did God send any other books or pages apart from the four great books and pages?
Submitted by on Mon, 10/12/2012 - 09:29
Dear Brother / Sister,
Since all communities were sent prophets and warners (an-Nahl, 16/32; Fatir, 35/25) and that books were sent down to them (al-Baqara, 2/213), it can be said that many books were sent down.
However, they are not mentioned separately in the Quran. The ones mentioned in the Quran are the pages sent down to Abraham (pbuh) and Moses (pbuh) and the books: the Torah, the Psalms, the Bible and the Quran.
In a hadith which is debatable whether it is sound or not, it is stated that one hundred pages were sent down and that fifty pages were sent down to Sheth (pbuh), thirty to Eunuch (pbuh), ten to Moses (pbuh) and ten to Adam (pbuh). (Ibn Abi'd- Dunya from Abu Dharr).
The Torah was sent down to Moses (pbuh), the Psalms to David (pbuh), the Bible to Jesus and the Quran to Hz. Muhammad (pbuh).
Questions on Islam
- What are the 5 heavenly books mentioned in the Quran?
- How many types of Divine Books are there? What are their names?
- How many kinds of divine books are there? What are their names?
- Could you name all the books sent by Allah SWT?
- What is belief in the books?
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- Is it possible to find proofs for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible, Torah and Psalms?
- What is the last divine religion?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Psalms.