Can zakah be paid for hospital and treatment expenses?
Can zakah be given to a person who has financial income but cannot afford the hospital treatment expenses for his wife’s cancer surgery and treatment?
I have a friend. He works. He earns enough money for his and his family’s livelihood. He has a car and he pays for the credit he got for the house he bought last year. He has no money in the bank now. His wife is in hospital now and he has a lot of bills to pay. Can zakah money be collected and paid for hospital and treatment expenses?
Submitted by on Thu, 10/11/2022 - 16:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
That person is regarded as needy enough to receive zakah and zakah is given to him.
Questions on Islam
- Is zakah paid for luxurious houses and cars? Is there a limit for their material value?
- How can I calculate zakath on deposited money in Islamic bank?
- When is zakah paid? Will you give detailed information about when to give zakah?
- Can I give zakah in advance before a year is completed?
- How is Zakah Paid?
- Calculation Of Zakat
- How is zakah for a house, plot of land and construction calculated? I am a builder. How should I calculate my earnings and give zakah? I construct apartment buildings and sell flats.
- Zakatable Assets/Items..
- Zakat on Retirement account IRA/401K
- can the purpose of extra zakat given be changed later?