Is zakah paid for luxurious houses and cars? Is there a limit for their material value?
Submitted by on Fri, 13/10/2017 - 15:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Zakah is not paid for the things that are regarded as basic necessities like a house and a car no matter how expensive they are.
The rate of zakah given by a person increases based on his financial situation. A person who lives in a waterside has a high income. He has to pay zakah from his income in a certain amount. The zakah paid by that person will be more than the zakah paid by a person who lives in a cheaper house and has a lower income.
Questions on Islam
- Can zakah be paid for hospital and treatment expenses?
- ZAKAT (THE PRSECRIBED PURIFYING ALMS)
- THE PRECRIBED PURIFYING ALMS (ZAKAT)
- Is zakah necessary for real estate? How is zakah given for houses, flats, plots of land, factories, motor vehicles and real estate that are hired out?
- zakaat in monies put into a business
- To whom is zakah given? Can we deduct the things that we give as gifts from the amount of zakah?
- How is zakah paid for commercial goods? Is it calculated based on the increase during the year? Can zakah be paid by goods?
- How is Zakah Paid?
- How is zakah for a house, plot of land and construction calculated? I am a builder. How should I calculate my earnings and give zakah? I construct apartment buildings and sell flats.
- Calculation Of Zakat