Is zakah paid for luxurious houses and cars? Is there a limit for their material value?
Submitted by on Fri, 13/10/2017 - 15:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Zakah is not paid for the things that are regarded as basic necessities like a house and a car no matter how expensive they are.
The rate of zakah given by a person increases based on his financial situation. A person who lives in a waterside has a high income. He has to pay zakah from his income in a certain amount. The zakah paid by that person will be more than the zakah paid by a person who lives in a cheaper house and has a lower income.
Questions on Islam
- Is zakah necessary for real estate? How is zakah given for houses, flats, plots of land, factories, motor vehicles and real estate that are hired out?
- ZAKAT (THE PRSECRIBED PURIFYING ALMS)
- THE PRECRIBED PURIFYING ALMS (ZAKAT)
- To whom is zakah given? Can we deduct the things that we give as gifts from the amount of zakah?
- zakaat in monies put into a business
- How is Zakah Paid?
- Zakatable Assets/Items..
- Calculation Of Zakat
- What are the frequently asked questions about zakat and fitrah and their answers?
- What is zakah (alms)? What is the importance of zakah for the person who gives and who receives it?