Can we use deodorants that contain alcohol when we are on wudu and then worship?
Submitted by on Mon, 24/01/2011 - 13:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
First of all, it is necessary to know that no matter what kind it is, alcohol does not invalidate wudu when it is wiped or spread on the clothes. Wudu is invalidated only when something comes out of the body of a person.
However, it is not permissible for man to perform prayers when there is something dirty on his body or clothes because along with wudu, having clean clothes on is one of the conditions of the prayer. According to some imams of Hanafi madhhab, the alcohol in deodorants and perfumes is not the kind of alcohol that is dirty; therefore they do not prevent performing prayers. However, since they are regarded as dirty by other madhhabs, it will be more appropriate to wash the places that alcohol has touched before performing a prayer. The same thing can be said about eau de cologne and spirit.
Questions on Islam
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- Why is being janabah haram forbidden? Why are men regarded dirty? Is it haram for a junub person to eat and drink?
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- Is it a sin to perform the prayer at the end of the time for that prayer? Can the prayer be performed as soon as the adhan is recited?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- When did the five daily prayers become fard?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- Is it permissible to intend to combine prayers if there is a possibility of missing a prayer? and In what situations can one imitate other madhhabs (sects) and combine prayers?