Can a prayer be performed while adhan is being called?
Can a person perform a prayer, for instance the noon prayer, while adhan is being called if he has to hurry?
Submitted by on Fri, 27/01/2017 - 10:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is better to listen to the adhan and start the prayer after adhan ends but the prayer started before adhan ends is valid.
What matters is the time period for the prayer to start. If the time period for a daily prayer starts, the prayer can be performed before adhan is called or while it is being called.
Questions on Islam
- Is it makruh to start to perform the sunnah prayer on Friday while the second adhan is being called?
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking at suhur when adhan is being called?
- Is it permissible to have a religious talk or to read the Quran while adhan is being called?
- Does Allah sit on a throne in the skies? Is there a name that throne is called?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- What is adhan?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- What is imsak time? Can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed immediately after imsak?
- The Times of Prayers