Can a prayer be performed while adhan is being called?
Can a person perform a prayer, for instance the noon prayer, while adhan is being called if he has to hurry?
Submitted by on Fri, 27/01/2017 - 10:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is better to listen to the adhan and start the prayer after adhan ends but the prayer started before adhan ends is valid.
What matters is the time period for the prayer to start. If the time period for a daily prayer starts, the prayer can be performed before adhan is called or while it is being called.
Questions on Islam
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- What is adhan?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- What are the mustahab times for performing five daily prayers? For instance, the morning prayer (fajr) can be performed up to the time of sunrise. What about the other prayers?
- Friday Prayer
- The Times of Prayers
- Prayers in Congregation
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?
- Will you give information about the afternoon (asr) prayer?