Can a Muslim go to a Christian School?
Submitted by on Thu, 24/09/2009 - 18:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
Yes it is permissible for a Muslim person to go to a Christian school and learn information about religions other than Islam. Yet, it is essential first to have a detailed knowledge about Islam. Otherwise, the information we read may cause suspicion.
Reading, listening or watching what is available is not of the same degree for everyone. A student or a scholar can study these books as much as they need. Their intention must be able to know and answer to them. If not, it is not true to read them for those who are not expert in such materials. They may be damaged as a result of what they read. This is the measure for these types of issues. It is because that for those who do not know the truth they are like a person passing through a gas room without a mask. The possibility of getting poisoned is so high.
It is religiously permitted if a student narrates and writes what is not inappropriate about Islam just for intending to transmit information. It is not prohibited to give information just saying “this is as follows according to Christianity.” After all, the sayings of Satan, Pharaoh, and Nimrod are transmitted in Qur’an.
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about the distortion process of the Bible (New Testament)?
- What are the evidences of our prophet´s (PBUH) prophethood?
- Can't Qur'an be the words of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? If not, how can it be proven?
- Is abrogation present in the Quran? Are there any abrogated (mansukh) verses in the Quran? (mansukh): “something that is (was) made invalid, something that is (was) changed.”
- How can we strengthen our faith? Could you give information about the increase and decrease of faith, investigative faith and imitative faith and the importance of faith?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Before the Lord of the Universe (pbuh) was given the duty of prophethood, how was religious, moral and social state of humanity and world?
- Are institutions like jamaahs (congregations, groups) necessary in Islam?
- Could you please describe the characteristics of a Muslim According to the Qur’an?
- Is it permissible to kill Non-Muslims?