Can janaza salah be performed without wudu?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 21:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
All fard, wajib, sunnah and mustahab salahs including janaza salah can only be performed after performing wudu.If there is no water, or there are some obstacles that prevent using it, tayammum is performed and this is regarded as a spiritual cleaning meaning wudu.
“Janaza salah is a prayer (dua) rather than a salah, and so it can be performed without wudu.” If there are people uttering the previous statement, they do not understand that salah is a prayer and a dhikr from start to finish.
The religion that orders its followers to perform five daily obligatory salahs by performing ruku and sajda, orders to perform janaza salah without performing ruku and sajda. However, it calls both of them salah and wants wudu for both of them.
Questions on Islam
- How Many Kinds of Wudu are There?
- Does sleeping without leaning on anything invalidate wudu? Are there hadiths regarding the issue?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- Why does passing wind (gas) invalidate the wudu? If it becomes necessary to take wudu after passing wind (gas) then, isn't it a waste of time and water?
- Is wudu invalidated if blood flows after making wudu? For instance, if a person cuts his face while shaving or hits a place and blood comes out, is his wudu invalidated?
- Is it permissible to perform prayers by sitting on a chair? Do people perform prayers on chairs because it is easier?
- DOING NAMAZ BY SITTING ON CHAIR ALLOWED?
- How many prayers can be performed with one wudu?
- Worshipping (Performing Salats (Prayers) by Sitting
- Judgments about the excused people for Wudu