Can a husband prevent his wife to get pregnant?
Submitted by on Tue, 20/01/2009 - 18:33
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the purposes of marriage is to have child and to bring up the child as a good Muslim. If one of the spouses says to delay having child with a permissible and reasonable excuse, it is complied. If says not to have child any time, that demand is not permissible, it is not complied and when insistently refuses to have, there occurs a right for divorcement. (Prof. Dr. Hayrettin Karaman)
Questions on Islam
- sign to imam
- MARRIAGE IN ISLAM
- Marriage and Family Life
- adopting children
- Prophet Zakariyya [Zacharias] & Yahya [John] (Peace be upon them)
- Could you please give information about the Islamic term "Nushuz" (Discord Between The Wife and The Husband)
- Seeking permission from a husband who walked out
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Could you tell us some prayers for having a child?
- Who has the right of divorce?