what did u think about tharika
Submitted by on Wed, 18/08/2010 - 16:37
Dear Brother / Sister,
Tariqah literally means path but in Islamic etymology, it means the path of achieving the knowledge of Tasawwuf (mystic tradition within Islam). The tariqah paths are the ways of reality. (1) The tariqah paths are the proofs, and the sources of ‘Kawthar’, which distributes a sort of water of life. (2) Many believers for centuries have drunk from this source and have benefited from this supreme treasury.
The tariqah path is a spiritual journeying with the feet of the heart under the shadow of the ascension of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). (3)
Although, tariqah path is a way through to find the reality, it is not the only way to do that. All ‘Haqiqa’ (true) paths adhere to their basis to Qur’an. Some people’s questions, who do not want to accept tariqah paths such as, “were there any tariqah paths during the era that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) lived in?” is because of an insinuation.
All of the principles of tariqah build upon Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) practices. That is to say, there was an application, but its name was not tariqah yet. First appearance of tariqah as a system goes back to 3rd century in Islamic calendar. Junayd-i Baghdadi, Bayazid-i Bistani emerged as the first tariqah leaders. Shah-i Nakshiband, Abdulkhadir Gaylani, Mawlana Jaladdin-i Rum’i, Imam-i Rabbani are the most famous gallants of tariqah paths of later years.
1. Nursi, Words, s 464
2. Nursi, Letters, s. 444-445
3. Nursî, Letters, s. 443
for more information please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- assalamu aalaikum
- What is Tariqah?
- Who is the Mahdi? What does it mean as a term?
- Is there a need for Mahdi?
- What are the properties of Mahdi?
- How should we evaluate Hazrat Mahdi in terms of the might of Allah and reasons?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before the Doom breaks out?
- What Will Mahdi Do?
- What kind of a tafsir is Risale-i Nur? Who is Badiuzzaman Said Nursi?
- Will you give information about arranging time?