asking about jinn
Submitted by on Sun, 22/08/2010 - 17:37
Dear Brother / Sister,
- Something like that is possible but we think that it has a slender chance.
- Today, many people deceive gullible people with claims like that in order to make money. We should not trust such people who want to make money. However, if they do not expect any financial income and if they have knowledge and taqwa (fear of Allah), they can be trusted.
- If there really exists something like that, it is necessary to act in accordance with the advice of the Prophet.
If a person is in wudu at all times, he will be partly protected from them ; and if he also performs daily prayers and supplicates, his protection will be sounder.
The Prophet is reported to have said the following according to a hadith narrated by Harith al-Ash'ari (may Allah be pleased with him), “…Allah ordered you to mention (dhikr) the name of Allah. It is like the state of a man who is chased by a fast-running enemy. If that man enters a well-protected castle, he saves himself from the enemy. A person can protect himself from Satan only by dhikr (mentioning the names of Allah). (Tirmidhi, Amthal, 3, (2867).)
The following is stated in the Quran: “And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made to thee by the Evil One, seek refuge in Allah.”(41:36.) That is, say, “Audhu billahi min ash shaytanir rajim: I take refuge in Allah from the accursed devil”. However, it is also appropriate to take refuge in Allah with the following verses from the chapter al-Muminun:
“Rabbi audhu bika min hamazati’sh-shayatin wa audhu bika Rabbi an yahdurun” That is, “And say: ‘O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones; And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! lest they should come near me.’ ”(23:97-98.
It is stated that Hazrat Prophet (pbuh) recited the chapters of al-Falaq and an-Nas in order to be safe from the evils of jinn and that he advised his Companions and Hazrat Aisha to recite them.
A hadith reported by Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) is as follows: “Whenever Hazrat Prophet (pbuh) went to bed, he blew into his hands and recited the Muawwidhatayn (al-Falaq and an-Nas) and al-Ikhlas; then he rubbed his hands over his face and body; he would do it three times. He ordered me to do it to him when he was ill.”(Bukhari, Fadailu'l-Qur'an, 14)
Questions on Islam
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- How should we take refuge in Allah from the wickedness of jinn?
- What are the prayers that should be read before going to bed and after waking up?
- Is it permissible to apply to a hodja in order to break a spell?
- What is the dua (supplication) to be recited to get rid of sadness and debt?
- Does evil-eye kill a person? What kind of precautions can be taken against evil-eye? What are the reasons of evil-eye? Is it permissible to wear an evil-eye bead?
- 3. Prophets Mentioned in the Glorious Quran and Their Stories
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- I have many questions in my head, my heart is not satisfied. What should I do?